Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Building a Positive and Productive Future (child, youth, teen, adult)


A Report on Black Belt Leadership Training.

In this study, I’m going to explore the benefits that you have (not “should”) experienced in participating in a “black belt” martial arts course. Please feel free to add your comments, suggestions, and/or questions below.
I started martial arts when I was nine. That’s 41 years ago! Wow, I can’t believe it’s been that long. I never knew that I would one day be using martial arts training as the heart of my personal development and growth.
Today, at 50 years and 9 months old, I find that my martial arts training, discipline, education and activism is what keeps me growing and moving forward daily.

My ability to process (and handle) every day successes and stresses is credited to the integrity and discipline that martial arts training challenges me to live.
Whenever I am confronted with a challenge, my first thought is, “what can I DO to overcome this challenge?” What resources are out there? Who can I connect with? What can I learn from this?

Martial arts training allows me to be “successful” as a man, husband, father, son, brother, friend, student, educator, activist, and citizen.
How has black belt training helped you? Please feel free to add your comments, suggestions, and/or questions below.
Peter Liciaga is a member of Tom Callos' The Ultimate Black Belt Test (http://www.ultimateblackbelttest.com/), an undertaking of The 100 (http://www.the100.us/), and a part of Dinoto Karate Center's master instructor staff (http://www.mountlaurelmartialarts.com/)

To find out more about Peter Liciaga, visit www.PeterLiciaga.org

No comments:

Post a Comment